Jimbo's Techlog

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Hello Blog!

Welcome to Jimbo's Techlog! Maybe you instantly get the name, or maybe you're a little slow on the uptake, in any event, I'll tell you where it came from: About 10 minutes ago, I decided to set up a blog. 5 minutes later, blogger.com posed an intriguing question to me: "What would you like to title your blog?", seeing as how I had prepared very little for this moment, I wasn't exaclty sure how to answer. I asked myself a very basic question: What is this blog going to be about? Technology. Then I asked an even more basic question: Who am I? Jimbo! And I arrived at the name "Jimbo's Tech Corner" -- a bit of a media cliché if you ask me. In a desperate attempt to fill in the text box, I looked up the definition of "blog" and remembered that it is short for "web log", and I thought, "well while this is a log on the web, it's really a log of technology." Since "Tlog" would make for an annoying pronunciation of your new favorite blog as you converse with all of your friends about my latest post, here we are.

Please don't leave.

I promise all of my posts won't be this boring! I just didn't want to start off with a techy blog; I wanted to introduce myself first.

As you may have guessed, my name is Jimmy, but you can call me Jimbo. Blogger does. I'm a college student, a computer science major, and I run a small company called JimboTech.com. I'm currently the sole employee of this company, but we're.. err.. I'm..doing well.. I make housecalls and fix computers, do some web design, and other sorts of graphics design, typesetting, really anything involving computers that people will willingly pay me for.

Enough about me, let's talk more about this blog! I've decided to make it to give back to the Internet community which I have pillaged and plundered for the past 19 years, giving very little back. This is how I'm repaying the community for my countless hours of Googleing, scouring through blogs much like this one, finding that one piece of information that I need about a certain piece of technology.

I also have a small mission for this blog, and that is for it to be in depth and fast paced enough to satisfy any PocketPC-carrying-wardriving-battlestargalactica-watching geek, but broken down and simplified enough to be an easy read for the not so tech-savvy. So no matter who you are, you should almost always leave my blog with a smile on your face and some new tech-knowledge in your head!

Anytime I encounter a new piece of technology, or read an interesting article, I'll try and post on here. It might get opinionated, it'll probably be funny, and it'll definitely be informative. So stay tuned, grab a cup of coffee, PayPal me one hundred million dollars, and enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home